Are your Estheticians licensed?
Do you wax men?
- Yes. We are a full service waxing studio for men and women.
What is the difference between your Bikini Line, Full Bikini, and Brazilian?
The Bikini Line is a basic tidy of your panty line area (sides and top) so no sneaky hairs "peak out".
Take the next step and get the Full Bikini. Remove as much or as little hair as you'd like off the front. If you want to leave a small landing strip, triangle, or nothing at all, it's up to you!
For the Brazilian, we go from the front, all the way to the back. You can choose to leave a small strip or design in the front if you would like.
I've never been waxed before. Is it painful?
Listen ladies and gents, the truth hurts. Of course getting waxed for the first time is going to be slightly uncomfortable. However, you're in the hands of licensed estheticians and the more you wax the less it hurts. For those of you who are more sensitive than others, we sell products to help with that.
Can I take anything to help with the pain?
You can take Ibuprofen, Aleve, or Tylenol to help with the pain. DO NOT TAKE ASPRIN, it thins your blood.
What is the difference between hard wax, soft wax, and sugaring? And which do you use?
Hard wax and soft wax have different properties that make them ideal for different parts of the body. Soft wax is a warm, thin wax that gets covered by a muslin strip that is then pulled away quickly by our estheticians. Hard wax is a warm, thick wax that that goes on without a muslin strip that is allowed to cool, and then be pulled off. Hard wax is ideal for sensitive parts of the body and can be reapplied over previously waxed skin as opposed to soft wax, which cannot. At our salon we use both, and tailor their use to the appropriate areas of the body. We ONLY use hard wax for those very sensitive and delicate areas unless requested otherwise. Such as the face, eyebrows, bikini, brazilian and mazilian areas.
Sugaring is similar to waxing, however there are many differences when it comes to application and technique. First of all, sugar wax is much more pasty/gel like, which means it will pull more during application. The sugaring procedure requires the wax be rubbed/rolled on in the opposite direction of your hair growth, pulling on your hair and skin in a constant movement, while then being removed in the direction of your hair, without any rest time between removal. This can be very painful and irritating to the skin ( for some) because there is a constant application, removal, and pulling on your hair and skin . Where as hard wax is applied with a thinner base, has rest time to dry, and then can be removed by pulling the opposite direction of the hair. There are many people say hard wax hurts less. At Sassafras, we believe in the benefits of the hard wax application, and in the results of hard wax over sugaring. We do not provide sugaring services.
How long does a wax typically last?
- Honestly, results vary by person. A wax typically lasts anywhere from 3-6 weeks. It really just depends on not only an individual's growth rate, but also on personal preference.
How long does my hair have to be?
- At Sassafras, for best results we recommend at least a 1/4 an inch, like the length of a grain of rice. The best indicator is if you can pinch your hairs with your fingers and tug on them a little.
Can I get waxed on my period?
- Yes. However ladies, please be respectful of our estheticians and wear the appropriate clean feminine product.
Can I get waxed if I've been tanning?
- You can get waxed if you have been tanning. However, if you are burnt in anyway from tanning, you will not be waxed.
After care instructions:
- For best results, waxing should be done on a regular basis. If you're looking to get waxed for your wedding, vacation, or surgery, we recommend doing it at least 3 times before hand to assure a regular growth rate. Exfoliating regularly helps prevent ingrown hairs and can assist in making your wax last longer. For 24-48 hours, stay our of chlorine, saunas, and tanning beds. Also avoid spray tans. For 24-48 hours, do not apply powder, deodorant, body spray or lotion to the waxed area.